Hamilton Foodie Package: Eat & Drink like a Boricua
4 days / 3 nights
Day 1: Arrival & group transfer.
Transfers and guide assistance included.
PM: Free time.
Day 2: Breakfast at the hotel.
Breakfast, lunch, coffee tasting, entry tickets in Old San Juan, transfers to and from activities, and orchestra level tickets to “Hamilton” are included.
AM: Transfer for a walking tour of Old San Juan with coffee tasting at a bohemian café and a lively discussion of contemporary culture and history of Puerto Rico, holidays and folklore, and family traditions. We will discuss the role of Old San Juan in post-hurricane recovery, visit private museums off the beaten path, see locations made famous by Hollywood and Hispanic musicians, and learn more about the fascinating subculture of “sanjuaneros”, a vocal community of local residents who may never agree on anything but their love for the oldest city in America.
During the typical lunch in the Old City, we will learn more about the local agriculture and the rich culinary tradition of Puerto Rico which blends Taino Indian, African, and Spanish influences.
PM: Transfer to and from “Hamilton.”
Day 3: Breakfast at the hotel.
Transportation, guide, coffee and pastries, and homemade lunch are included.
Travel inland to the countryside through picturesque roads surrounded by lush greenery and breathtaking views of hills and valleys. We will stop by for a traditional coffee and fresh quesitos (cheese pastries) at a local panaderia (bakery), classical fixture in every small town in Puerto Rico. Enjoy a home-made lunch at a family-owned farm, have an opportunity to tour the farm at a leisurely pace, learn about local plants, fruit, and vegetables as well as get to know our hosts. We will learn about the impact of the hurricane Maria on the rural areas; those who wish can also volunteer for several hours (optional, you are already making an impact by spending your money here).
Day 4: Breakfast at the hotel.
Free time am.
Farewell gift with local treats, Hamilton CD, and a framed photo of your arrival to the Hamilton function.
Group transfer to the airport.
- PRICES & TERMS: Package price $2,500 per person, double occupancy ($3,100 for single). Orchestra level ticket to Hamilton is included, 3 star hotel. 10 guests minimum to operate (all individual reservations for a specific date are combined to reach the quorum). Content and order of the activities may change. Dates of the functions for which tickets are available so far: January 8, 9, 13, 15, 16, 17, 23, and 24th of January, 2019 (available while last). Dates of the performances as well as the actors cast are at the complete discretion of Hamilton Uptown, LLC.
- The cultural program with a 3 star hotel has the following dates still available: January 7-10, January 8-11, January 12-15, January 14-17, January 15-18, January 16-19, January 22-25, and January 23-26 of 2019. All sales are final and non-refundable (travel insurance recommended), the package must be paid in full in order to be confirmed (VISA/MC/Paypal/wire/check). Airfare is not included.
- Orchestra ticket for Hamilton performance & roundtrip transfer to the show
- 3 night stay at 3* hotel (TRYP by Wyndham or Verdanza), breakfast included.
- Half day tour of Old San Juan with coffee tasting and typical lunch, transfer included
- Full day tour of the countryside with lunch at a family-owned farm & dessert at a local baker
- Group transfer upon arrival and departure
- Farewell gift with local treats, Hamilton CD and a framed photo of your arrival to the Hamilton function.
- Trip insurance (recommended)
- Meals not described as included above