Hamilton Foodie Package: Eat & Drink like a Boricua
4 days / 3 nights
Day 1: Arrival & private transfer.
Transfers and guide assistance included.
6 PM: Visit to La Placita of Santurce, a local plaza with a broad selection of restaurants and local music venues for all tastes. Our guide will help you find a place that is right for you.
Day 2: Breakfast at the hotel.
Breakfast, lunch, rum and coffee tastings, entry tickets in Old San Juan, transfers to and from activities, and orchestra level tickets to “Hamilton” are included.
AM: Transfer for a walking tour of Old San Juan with coffee tasting at a bohemian café and a lively discussion of contemporary culture and history of Puerto Rico, holidays and folklore, and family traditions. We will discuss the role of Old San Juan in post-hurricane recovery, visit private museums off the beaten path, see locations made famous by Hollywood and Hispanic musicians, and learn more about the fascinating subculture of “sanjuaneros”, a vocal community of local residents who may never agree on anything but their love for the oldest city in America.
Rum tasting with a seasoned bartender to delve into the world of local rums from different rum-makers, followed by a typical lunch in the Old City. We will learn more about the local agriculture and the rich culinary tradition of Puerto Rico which blends Taino Indian, African, and Spanish influences.
PM: Transfer to and from “Hamilton.”
Day 3: Breakfast at the hotel.
Transportation, guide, coffee and pastries, and homemade lunch are included.
Travel inland to the countryside through picturesque roads surrounded by lush greenery and breathtaking views of hills and valleys. We will stop by for a traditional coffee and fresh quesitos (cheese pastries) at a local panaderia (bakery), classical fixture in every small town in Puerto Rico. Enjoy a home-made lunch at a family-owned farm, have an opportunity to tour the farm at a leisurely pace, learn about local plants, fruit, and vegetables as well as get to know our hosts. We will learn about the impact of the hurricane Maria on the rural areas; those who wish can also volunteer for several hours (optional, you are already making an impact by spending your money here).
Day 4: Breakfast at the hotel.
Breakfast, tasting lunch with wine, gift and transfers are included.
11 am: Food and wine pairing with a renowned Puerto Rican Chef. Close your stay in Puerto Rico on a high note – a feast for your eyes and taste buds with an overview of latest gastronomic trends, highlights of the award-winning work of Puerto Rican chefs, and the best of the best in fusion cuisine, blending centuries-old culinary roots with a modern palate and cutting edge techniques.
Farewell gift with local treats, Hamilton CD, and a framed photo of your arrival to the Hamilton function.
- PRICES & TERMS: Package price $3,395 per person, double occupancy ($3,950 for single). Orchestra level ticket to Hamilton is included, 10 guests minimum to operate, 4-star hotel. Content and order of the activities may change. Dates of the functions are January 8, 9, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18 and 26th of January, 2018 (available while last). Dates of the performances as well as the actors cast are at the complete discretion of Hamilton Uptown, LLC. The cultural program starting days are January 7, 8, 12, 14, 15, 16, 17, and 25th of January, 2018. All sales are final and non-refundable (travel insurance recommended), the package must be paid in full in order to be confirmed (VISA/MC/Paypal/wire/check). Airfare is not included.
- Orchestra ticket for Hamilton performance & roundtrip transfer to the show
- 3 night stay at 4* hotel (Intercontinental or El San Juan Hotel Curio), breakfast included
- Half day tour of Old San Juan with coffee & rum tasting and typical lunch, transfer included
- Full day tour of the countryside with lunch at a family-owned farm & dessert at a local bakery
- Food & wine pairing with a renowned local Chef, transfers included
- Roundtrip transfer and guide for La Placita of Santurce: music and urban cuisine (food not included).
- Transfer upon arrival (private) and departure
- Farewell gift with local treats, Hamilton CD and a framed photo of your arrival to the Hamilton function.
- Trip insurance (recommended)
- Meals not described as included above